Sunday, September 19, 2010

We will miss you Granny...





Last night Heaven sure did get a sweet, sweet angel. My little Granny passed away at 9:58 pm. She was a lover of God, her family, her sweet great-grandbabies, her friends (Who were all upper 70s-80s and acted like high school girls. It was so sweet!), sonic diet cokes, onion rings, Braves baseball, the penny slots in Tunica, helping others, going to church, riding little horsies on her knees (I know they were worn out), cooking (when Pa would let her in his kitchen), saying exactly what was on her mind (I loved her for that!), corn flakes and bananas, playing rook (actually playing any game for that matter and cheating I might add...), chewing gum, just to name a few. She was one of the funniest, sweetest, loving, and selfless people I have ever known. Not a day will go by that I won't think about her. I have some very sweet memories to remember her by, and I am so thankful to call her my grandmother. I know my Pa was so happy to welcome her home to Heaven last night. They loved each other more that I have ever seen. Their love was so true for one another. He used to call her "old woman." They fought like cats and dogs, but not one day went by that we didn't know how much they loved each other or us! I know Granny is in Heaven dancing and singing with Jesus and is pain free. She is celebrating being reunited with all of those that she has missed so much over the years. What a wonderful night and day she has had in Heaven rejoicing! This verse will forever remind me of Granny and her battle with cancer. 

 "I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. 
Now there is in store for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, 
the righteous Judge, will award to me on that day--
and not only to me, but also to all who have longed for his appearing." 
2 Timothy 4:7-8

Granny will for ever be my Queen, and now she has her crown in Heaven. I know I will see her again someday. As for now, Granny I will miss you, I love you, and thank you for all the lessons you taught me here on Earth. Your faith in the Lord was a reminder of just how important it is to love the Lord and always follow the path He prepares for us.

My Granny on her 83rd birthday, just 13 days before she left us to be with Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment